We train a competition-style Muay Thai kickboxing program in Austin & San Antonio, TX. Muay Thai, or simply "Thai boxing", is a martial art that utilizes the punches and kicks of boxing and kickboxing, as well as strikes with knees and elbows in close-range clinch fighting. Here is what makes Ambush Muay Thai unique:
- Martial Art. We practice Muay Thai as a martial art, first and foremost. You will get in great shape and lose weight, but this is not cardio kickboxing.
- On-Ramp. Start learning stance, footwork, and fundamental punches and kicks directly with an experienced coach. Tailored for students who are new to Muay Thai.
- Structure. Advance in specific classes for technique, pad work, drills, & competition every week to ensure you work all important aspects of Muay Thai frequently.
- Community. Join a team, not just a class or program. Our culture is very welcoming, everyone supports each other and helps each other grow.
- Competition. We compete regularly in Muay Thai events and tournaments, both locally and nationally, and our program has produced numerous champions. Not everyone competes, but everyone trains like a competitor and contributes to our team's success.
- Clinch. Train in dedicated clinch classes that concentrate entirely on close-range stand-up fighting, an Ambush specialty.
- Sparring. Test your skills in our weekly sparring class, a live but controlled and cooperative environment to evaluate what is working and what needs more work.
- MMA. We provide striking training for MMA and have trained MMA competitors in every major organization including UFC, Bellator, ONE FC, Strikeforce, and Legacy.
Schedule (San Antonio)
- 7:30pm Drills (by permission)
† - In the wild the tiger is generally a solitary animal. However, when confined by the unnatural constraints of civilization tigers are known to band together into a group collectively referred to as an 'ambush'.