We teach, train, and compete in Muay Thai kickboxing in Austin, TX. We are integrated with Brazilian Fight Factory, which also offers world-class Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes for adults and children. Message us via email or Facebook for more details and about our FREE 1-week trial, and please visit or call our gym location:
11150 Research Blvd, Suite 102
Austin, TX 78759
- 6am: Shadow/Bag Drills
For more information, see our classes page.
Muay Thai, or simply "Thai boxing", is a martial art that utilizes not only the punches and kicks of boxing and kickboxing, but also strikes with knees and elbows as well as close-range clinch fighting. We offer a variety of classes that teach all of these skills in a very welcoming and community-focused environment.
Here are a few things that make Ambush Muay Thai unique:
- We are one of the most active competitive Muay Thai teams in Central Texas. We compete regularly in Muay Thai events and tournaments, both locally and nationally. Our program has produced numerous Muay Thai and MMA champions, several of whom started at Ambush Muay Thai with no previous martial arts experience.
- We have an on-ramp program for beginners. Brand-new students are not simply thrown into their first class with no idea of what to do. Instead, their first several classes involve 1-on-1 training with an experienced coach to help develop the fundamentals of Muay Thai.
- We have a well-structured and progressive curriculum, including a fundamentals class that emphasizes Thai boxing technique and mechanics, and a tactics class that emphasizes application of technique in fighting.
- We have a weekly clinch class dedicated entirely to close-range stand-up fighting, one of the most important yet neglected aspects of kickboxing and MMA.
- We have a weekly dedicated sparring class for students of all levels to test their skills in a live but controlled and cooperative environment.
- We provide striking training for MMA and have trained fighters in every major organization including UFC, Bellator, ONE FC, Strikeforce, and Legacy.
- Most importantly, we are not just a class or a program. We are a team and a family. We learn together, we grow together, we excel together; together we are stronger. Everyone is important, everyone has a role.
* In the wild the tiger is generally a solitary animal. However, when confined by the unnatural constraints of civilization tigers are known to band together into a group collectively referred to as an 'ambush'.